Humic acids are an exceptional biological and organic means to nourish plants and soil with a robust amount of essential nutrients, vitamins, and trace elements.
Surprisingly, this organic substance has remained so unstated and poorly used. Making use of it will help to be effectively productive and protect the environment at the same time.
While there are many humic acid products available in the market, the water extracted humic acid has gained much attention in the agricultural sector. The reason is water extracted humic acid is extracted without the use of chemicals, harmful materials, heat, and its exceptional benefits.
Why should we use water extracted humic acid?
There are different methods used to extract humic acid, which also results in dramatically different products.
The chemical and heat extraction methods are one among them and it results in significant alterations in the composition and behavior of the humid acid. Furthermore, it is less microorganism friendly and has many drawbacks.
Humic acids are extracted from the water by using so-called ion exchangers, which are periodically flushed with salt water. The pure distilled water extraction method can ensue in a product of higher purity and biological ability. Hence the water extracted humic acid is considered preferable among the others.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of water extracted humic acid which makes it different from chemically extracted humic acid.
Benefits of water extracted humic acid
- Effective-fertilizer absorption –Using water extracted humic acid can make the fertilizers more effective. It increases the absorption rate of fertilizer and helps you to gain better results while using less fertilizer.
- Environment friendly –According to several researchers, the water extracted humic acid could be one of the remedies for global warming. It could prove to be a very vital tool in fixing up our soils and ecology, due to its ability to fix carbon on the soil.
- Helps to adjust pH of the soil–The soil pH affects many chemical and biological reactions. The addition of humic acid will substitute H+ actions to cause lower soil pH. The soil cation exchange can remarkably affect the content of clay and organic matter. The greater the amount of organic matter, the smaller will be the pH. The water extracted humic acid has a much lower pH value than that of chemically extracted humic acid, resulting in greater organic matter in the soil. Thus, it regulates the pH of the soil to create optimum conditions for plants.
- Improve drought resistance–The application of water extracted humic acid with fertilizer, under drought conditions can promote the increase of proline content in plant leaves. This proline content helps to improve the drought resistance of crops and decrease plant drought stress.
- Cost-effective – As the organic water extracted humic acid needs only a few ounces needed per acre, the chemical extracted humic acid needs gallons of the amount needed per acre of land. Hence the cost per acre of land for water extracted humic acid is comparatively is lower than the chemical extracted humic acid.
- Unlocks bound nutrients -Some of the nutrients provided by fertilizers are inaccessible to plants. The water extracted humic acid binds the nutrients in the soil that would otherwise be lost to runoff or volatilization.
- Breaks down harmful toxins–The regular usage of chemical pesticides and heavy metals have resulted in countless toxins in the soil. These toxins are broken into inactive forms or beneficial forms by using the water extracted humic acid.
- Increased uptake and water holding capacity –The water uptake and water holding capacity are the important properties of humic substances. The chemical extracted humic acid repels water while water extracted humic acid is hydrophilic and does not repel the water. This helps the soil loosen, increasing the soil workability and thus helps the growth of crops and protects the soil.
- Stimulate plant growth –The application of water extracted humic acid stimulates higher biomass production by speeding cell division, improving the rate of development in root systems, and increasing the yield of dry matter.
You can apply water extracted humic acid directly onto the foliage or soil, either with organic chemicals or fertilizers or alone to enhance nutrient ingestion and boost plant development. Working with products such as water extracted humic acid can heal the soil while improving crop quality and yield.